20101230

descriptum62

There's been quite a while since I last actually wrote something here.

Today I feel the need to write, and I also think of the fact that this is perhaps the last occasion to do it this year. Time is running very fast.

The end of 2010 catches up with me being very tired. The break I had in November was welcome; however this month was pretty busy itself, my schedule was not easy at all and I had to figure out a way to carry on everything I had planned to myself. I suppose that's the way things are going to be around for quite a while.

You know the drill: the end of the year comes and, out of mere reflex, actually, I draw a line and try to see how to think about it and what to expect of the new year around the corner. In the short, I'm tempted to think 2010 was a good year which could have been only slightly better. But the truth is that 2010 was a very difficult year for my family, and I cannot overcome this. 2011 won't be easier.

This was a very good year as far as money is concerned. But that did not come easy. I have two jobs, I have a schedule for every single day of the week, there are quite a few moments when I burn out. I try hard to do my best. And I'm not very rich by Romanian standards, I'm just fine. Yet, I'm happy knowing that I am a man of no debts.

I do not have a personal life, I'm afraid. But I have a handful of very good friends, and I am blessed because of that.

Few words about blogging: 2010 was by far the best year so far - and you know, my friends, blogging really matters to me. I have reasons to believe 2011 will be even better. My intention is to adjust a bit the blog: to keep posting pictures of the city and of the places I visit, and to write more. That, however, will depend on available resources - above all, time.


As for 2011 and general prospects, I say this:

Exactly 21 years ago, the regime changed in my country. People had hopes and illusions.
 
Today, people lost their hopes, and lost their illusions. Last week, a desperate father of two children threw himself from the balcony in the Parliament's Palace debate hall, as the deputies were debating the budget law for next year.

In the present situation, the only thing we can do is to help each other and to care more about each other. That is the only thing I expect from 2011.


To all my visitors from Romania, the US, France, the UK, Germany and the other tens of countries, a heartfelt "happy new year".

With love,

No comments: