20091231

descriptum40

As I stand at the desk and watch the screen of my laptop, 2009 flows in front of my eyes. I do not know how other people feel about this year. I guess many are unhappy, and for a good reason. Personally, after a short retrospective, I feel it was a good year. It could've been better, true, but it was still a good year.

Because
- I visited Poland and Bulgaria (each of them for the very first time, if I do not count the crossing of Bulgaria 10 years ago) and I was delighted by both. It is for the second time in my life that I go abroad twice in one year. Not to mention that the tourist delights came only after the other accomplishments: a tournament in the case of Poland, which we kind of ... unexpectedly won :), and a international conference in Veliko Tarnovo where I was really satisfied with the way things worked out;
- I rad like two dozens of really good books and bought as many. Generally, I actually learned a lot this year - and I do not only mean study;
- I went to lots of good concerts (both classical and modern), like never before. Among them, Tarja Turunen, Nigel Kennedy and even Madrigal;
- I went on with this blog (now in its third year of existence, which is quite nice, and on a quota of almost 200 posts) and got to take part in a few events about blogging - one of them was the very instructive WBF;
- I finally published something of my work, on paper;
- I made my first TV appearance (hopefully, not the last one);
- I lived as much as possible and not simply survived;
- most important, I finished most part of the work on my PhD.

And I am sure I forgot some things.

How could it have been better?

- I could've make a better use of my time;
- I could've finished for good my PhD (still a work in progress at this moment).

As about 2010, I do not want to speak too much, and to spoil the surprise :) But I would be very satisfied to finally finish my studies and to go on publishing on my specialty. Anything else would constitute a bonus.

24 hours from now, I shall be, as I do every time, in the Revolution Plaza - the heart of Bucharest - in the very place that marked 20 years ago the crucial change towards freedom. Not to protest, but to celebrate (btw, I plan to write - in the near future - a series of articles on freedom, on the republic and on the revolution, in the Romanian case, so stay close). You can also join me, as Live revolution will be transmitted live on Pro TV.


I wish you all a happy new year, and I hope 2010 will be better than 2009, for all of us.

See you, next year.


Best,


2 comments:

BĂNĂŢEANU said...

La multi ani Marius si sa ne auzim cu bine la anul !

nd said...

La multi ani, si multa bafta!